Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bran and banana muffins



Well, over the weekend, Nate went wakeboarding. He ended up coming home with a torn ligament in his right leg. He was supposed to go to St. Louis on Monday for work but seeing as though he can barely walk and certainly can't drive, he is staying at home with me this week. He will see and orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to determine if the ligament will heal itself or if we need surgery etc.
The pain medication that he was put on causes constipation so I thought that I would make him some bran muffins to ease his woes. LOL I found this awesome recipe and on accident I left out the last two ingredients on the list. The muffins came out awesome. They are chewy and tasty and don't even need a pat of butter!!! Here is the recipe

1c flour
1c bran flakes
1/3c sugar
1c banana ( I used 6 small burro bananas - Nate had these on his mission and loves them)
2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1/4tsp cinnamon
1c skim milk

mix the bran flakes, banana, and milk in a bowl. Let sit about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients. put in muffin pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. I figure that these come out to about 235 calories per muffin but they do have some good fiber and nutrients in them from the bran and banana!!!

No comments: