Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A nurse should know these things

So.........I woke up at 2:30am and I had this bulge in my lower abdomen that was hard. No pain or anything so I went back to bed. Nate got up at 5:30 because he had to fly to Houston today. I noticed that the bump was still there on my abdomen and was hard as a rock. It would come and go about every 5-10 minutes and it would even go from the right side to the left side. How weird. I decided that maybe it was the baby moving ( although it was too big of a bump ). I went along with my normal stuff and then started feeling tightening and crampy. I then decided that this wasn't normal and that I was having contractions. I made an appointment with my doctor. He confirmed that it was a contraction (Braxton-Hicks contractions) and that the bulge on my abdomen was in fact my uterus. He also confirmed that everything was absolutely normal. I felt so stupid. LOL. The ultrasound showed a good placenta and umbilical cord. The baby is measuring 17 weeks and 2 days. The heart rate was 156/minute. The baby is about 5-6 inches and weighs 7 oz. The ultrasound tech showed me a bunch of things like the four chambers of the heart, the skull and the baby's femur. I will post some pics of the ultrasound today. Nate and I will go and get a 3d ultrasound on the 21st and then I see my doctor again on the 26th of May. Anyways, everything looks great!!!!!

No comments: